Painting Your Kitchen Walls
Your kitchen is likely one of the busiest rooms in your home. It not only takes heavy foot traffic but also gets a lot of use that can cause wear and tear. Grease splatters, smoke, water, and other liquids, and the constant opening and closing of cabinetry and drawers all take a toll. For these reasons, you need to go with a highly durable wall paint resistant to stains, mildew, and other damage.
Paint with a satin or eggshell finish is best for the kitchen. These finishes make your walls easier to clean and keep stain-free. Semi-gloss may also work if you want more sheen. Flat and matte paints are more difficult to clean, in part because scrubbing too hard can wear off the finish.
Once you have your freshly painted walls, it’s time for a professional cabinet painting to complete the look.
Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets
Water-based lacquer is the best option for cabinet refinishing. Oil-based paint used to be the popular choice for homeowners but can take a long time to dry, making it a chore to layer the multiple coats you need for a smooth finish and encouraging DIYers to take shortcuts.
While it’s possible to paint your cabinets yourself, it can be very time-consuming and difficult to get right – especially if you do NOT have a professional spray gun. The last thing you want is to be forced to replace your cabinets in a few years due to ugly amateurish brush strokes, chipping, discoloration, or other damage. The advantages of contacting a professional for cabinet painting or re-dooring are endless and can include:
- a consultation to get the kitchen colors exactly the way you want
- a custom paint palette and high-quality paint
- thousands of dollars of professional equipment used on YOUR kitchen
- safe removal and transportation of your cabinets to an off-site professional paint shop
- thorough preparation of your surfaces by cleaning, degreasing, sanding, repairing, and priming — the smoother the surface, the better the paint will go on
- multiple coats of primer and paint “SPRAYED” for a flawless, silky smooth and chip free finish
- cabinets that look brand new
With properly and professionally applied and cured paint, your cabinets are likely to last decades, not months or a few years.
Contact a Pro for Your Complimentary Quote: (215) 982-0131
For a professional cabinet painting without the challenges and limitations of a DIY, call (215) 982-0131.