They’ll be here in two days! How you can prepare your kitchen for your professional cabinet painters who will be arriving soon…
As you know, professional cabinet painters spray everything with an expensive and high quality spray gun like the professional grade GRACO FinishPro 9.5 HVLP. This is the BEST way to create a long lasting and durable finish for your kitchen cabinets. (Brushes and rollers apply paint at different depths and create a “chip risk” in areas where paint is applied too thick.)
To spray everything, we create an airtight cocoon in our customers kitchen and, typically, outward towards the table area. We give you access to your refrigerator, but the kitchen for prepping food or cooking will be off limits for about 3-5 days.
We remove all the panels and drawer covers, clean and sand them with our dustless sander (so there is no dust), hang them in the cocoon on our racks where we spray them right on site in the airtight cocoon in your kitchen. We have found that painting everything on site ensures exact color match between the bones, panels and drawer covers. It also makes it very easy during the install phase should we need to spray any additional finish coats to the panels or drawers. Nothing compares to quality checking the panels and drawers — in the natural light of your kitchen.
To prepare for our arrival on DAY 1:
- PLEASE REMOVE ITEMS THAT ARE WITHIN 2″ OF THE EDGE OF YOUR CABINETS.
- REMOVE ITEMS IN DRAWERS TO ENSURE WE CAN INSERT DRILL TO REMOVE DRAWER COVERS.
- PLEASE REMOVE ANY FOOD OR OTHER ITEMS FROM THE KITCHEN THAT YOU WILL NEED FOR 3-4 DAYS.
- REMOVE ANY CURTAINS THAT MAY BE IN THE WAY OF SPRAY PAINTING.
- REMOVE ANY DECORATIVE ITEMS AND DUST FROM THE TOP OF YOUR CABINETS.
- ON THE MORNING OF OUR ARRIVAL, PLEASE REMOVE ALL ITEMS FROM YOUR COUNTERS.
While the cocoon is in place, you need to minimize your entry into the cocoon and under no circumstance should you remove or cut any of the plastic. Thank you so much for helping us deliver you a BRAND NEW KITCHEN!
Before you know it, your kitchen will be done and you will be smiling!